General Legal Advice on Re-location Applications:
- Which of the two hypothetical outcomes will provide the greater stability of lifestyle for the child.
- The contribution to such stability that will be provided by the environment in which the child will reside, with particular regard to the influence of his extended family.
- The professional advice tendered.
- The capacity for, and frequency of, access by the non-custodial parent.
- The past record of each parent, in their relationship with the child insofar as it impinged on the welfare of the child.
- The respect, in terms of the future of the parties, to orders and directions of this Court’.
See also GF v DC (Circuit Court, McMahon J, 10 May 2007 (unreported)), KB v LO’R (High Court, Murphy J, 15 May 2009 (unreported)), PC v PW  IEHC 469 and UV v VU  IEHC 519 in which McMenamin J considers the criteria set out in EM v AM in addition to factors such as financial implications, the children’s views, schooling, healthcare and an overall appraisal.